Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday 56

Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest to you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56
  • Find the fifth sentence
  • Post that sentence (Plus one or two if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comment section of this blog.
  • Post a link along with your post back to this blog, Starting Fresh and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends
  • Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
Here is mine from "Magic Seeds" by V.S.Naipaul,
The leader came to Willie one day and said, 'Headquarters is taking an interest in you'.

4 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks for leading me to this! Great post to participate in. Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/07/friday-56.html

Bev Hankins said...

This is a great blog post idea! Thanks for leading me to it. Heres' my Friday 56: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/07/friday-56.html

Anonymous said...

I'll post mine here since it's a bit too late to participate:

"I glared at them, trying to eat the rotten breakfast the waitress had out in front of me - slimy eggs, fat bacon and weak American Coffee". - The Rum Diary pg. 100

Magical Animal Tour said...

I love this idea. this is great. I am going to start this coming friday with a reply for this post of yours.

my blog: hollyb-08.blogspot.com